Sunday, February 22, 2015

Time



I hear this A LOT.  You have either rolled your eyes at this statement as I have or you're saying it to yourself right now.

Imma call bullshit.

What you really mean is, "I don't want to make the time."

Let's be really honest about this.  I used this excuse for years.  I could list all the things I have to do every day, I could go on and on about responsibilities, working full time, kids, pets, house, family, yada yada yada.

Its bullshit.  

I was scared that it wouldn't be worth my time.  You probably are too.  Its daunting to find out exactly how far you have let yourself go.  And let's face it, not all of us love to feel the burn or not be able to walk down the stairs for a few days after doing a few dozen lunges.

It hurts!!  It really does.  Burning fat hurts.  Building muscle hurts.  You get all sweaty and your face gets all red and you itch.  When you first start out, that itch can be intense.

That itch is from your body panicking and releasing histamines.  Histamines get your immune system revved up and ready to deal with whatever disease/virus/foreign body is attacking it.  Congratulations!  You've been inert long enough that your body has decided to react by believing its under attack.  Don't worry, I promise it goes away.

So... you have the time.  Everyone has the time.  If its twice a week in your living for 20 minutes... then do it.  It its every other day for an hour at a gym... then do it.  Do something.

Check out this article from Men's Fitness. This is dedicated to at-home workouts that will help you burn fat and build muscle.  A jump rope costs $5, push ups are free.  There is really no excuse, there's just you stopping you.

Get off your phone or computer.  Really.  Time is precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment